Running for Congress
Eighty-one percent of us believe
Why are you running?
Are you running to pass laws that
If so, People’s Lobby is asking you to support and campaign on its non-partisan, citizen-initiated American World Service Corps (AWSC) Congressional Proposals. The key AWSC proposed bill is at
http://www.worldservicecorps.us/world%20service%20key%20proposal%202yr%20volunteer.htm . If passed as written, the AWSC would cost effectively field twenty-one million American volunteers over the ensuing twenty-seven years to address poverty, climate change, ignorance, hatred, and our low public policy IQ via serving and learning in their choice of such organizations as the Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Habitat for Humanity, Head Start, Doctors Without Borders, Red Cross, International Rescue Committee, OxFam, Mercy Corps, State Conservation Corps…
If you believe in:
· Helping Middle Americans become better educated, own homes, strengthen their retirement and medical savings;
· Reducing poverty, ignorance, hatreds, and terrorist recruitment at home and abroad;
· Building and fielding robust teams of volunteer Americans to temper climate change, prepare for and rebuild after disasters;
· Insuring that Americans understand the complex needs our public policies must address, and
· Strengthening our community and national fabric by involving teams of Americans in directly addressing many of its problems and needs.
Then, during your campaign, will you push and support People’s Lobby citizen-initiated American World Service Corps (AWSC) Congressional Proposals?
Upon election or re-election, will you stand as an original sponsor or cosponsor?
Please let me know your position. You should also let People’s Lobby Executive Director,